16 Nov Check Out These Amazing Social Media Marketing Facts
Social media marketing is all the rage, and for good reason – it helps businesses promote themselves and build solid relationships with new and current customers.
There are a lot of great social media marketing facts out there that reveal the power of social media. Here are some of our favorite!
- Facebook generates 21 percent of all social media referral traffic across the globe
- 41 percent of all millionaires use LinkedIn
- Twitter has 100 million active users
- Tweets with pictures get 18 percent more clicks than tweets without pictures
- 77 percent of global business-to-business companies have gotten new customers from Facebook
- The average click-through rate for Twitter ads is an incredible 1-3 percent
- Tagging an Instagram post with a location generates engagement rates of 79 percent higher than without
- Over 70 percent of Pinterest’s user base is female
- 75 percent of traffic each day on Pinterest comes from mobile users
- When visitors go to ecommerce websites from Facebook and purchase something, they spend on average $60 to $80 per visit. For Pinterest, the number rises to $140 to $180
- 23 percent of Facebook users check their pages five times or more each day
- Facebook accounts for 23 percent of all traffic – across the Internet
- 10 percent of Americans use Twitter during work
- 30 percent of Americans turn to Facebook for their exclusive source of news
- 32 percent of teenagers in America consider Instagram to be the most important social media platform in the world
- Instagram has the highest per-follower engagement rate – 58 times that of Facebook and 120 times that of Twitter
- 80 percent of brands advertised on social media in 2014
- 90 percent of shoppers trust peer recommendations from social media
- 88 percent of users on Pinterest have bought a product that they pinned
Social media marketing is powerful and something every business should at least consider!