I recently stumbled upon a report called the 2011Social Media Marketing Report. It was published by Michael A. Stelzner and sponsored by the Social Media Examiner, which is a blog subscribe that I do follow. They post about all things social media and the posts seem to be useful and relevant. While this report was released this past April, there is a great deal of relevant information that still applies just 90 days later.
If you’re curious about how marketers are using social media to grow their businesses, this report is chock-full of good information and I wanted to make it available to my followers, clients, and really anyone interested. Many of my clients are small to mid-size business operating in the Naples, Estero and Ft. Myers, Florida real estate, residential contractor or retail industries, and I think this is a good report to review.
Here is an overview of major findings from the report, as published by the author:
• Marketers place high value on social media: A significant 90% of marketers indicate that social media is important for their business.
• Measurement and integration are top areas marketers want to master: One-third of all social media marketers want to know how to monitor and measure the return on investment (ROI) of social media and integrate their social media activities.
• Social media marketing takes a lot of time: The majority of marketers (58%) are using social media for 6 hours or more each week, and more than a third (34%) invest 11 or more hours weekly.
• Video marketing on the rise: A significant 77% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube and video marketing, making it the top area marketers will invest in for 2011.
• Marketers seek to learn more about Facebook and blogging: 70% of marketers want to learn more about Facebook and 69% want to learn more about blogging.
• The top benefits of social media marketing: The number-one advantage of social media marketing (by a long shot) is generating more business exposure, as indicated by 88% of marketers. Increased traffic (72%) and improved search rankings (62%) were also major advantages.
• The top social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs were the top four social media tools used by marketers, in that order. Facebook has eclipsed Twitter to take the top spot since our 2010 study.
• Social media outsourcing underutilized: Only 28% of businesses are outsourcing some portion of their social media marketing.
Have you already read the report? If so, what do you think? I welcome comments about it and your experiences with social media as well.
If you have not read the report, click HERE to get it.
You many even want to subscribe to the Social Media Examiner.
Tags: doing business in Southwest Florida, marketing blog, marketing consulting, Marketing help, Naples marketing, Naples realtor marketing, operating a business in naples, Realtor and Real Estate Marketing, social media marketing, Southwest florida marketing news