10 Nov What is Instagram advertising?
In our last post we talked about Facebook advertising, however, if you’re interested in reaching a broader audience, advertising on both platforms can be advantageous. Similar to Facebook ads, the amount of money you spend on an IG campaign is entirely up to you.
Ads can appear in users’ feeds and in their stories, and while they look similar to “standard” posts, IG ads always include a “sponsored” label. This helps users differentiate regular posts from paid advertisements. It’s also worth mentioning that paid ads differ from normal posts in a few important ways. First, they often include a call to action (CTA), such as “swipe up” or “download.” Instagram ads might also include links and product catalogs.
Different types of IG ads
Instagram ads come in several flavors, as outlined below. These are just a few of the most common paid ad options that are offered by the platform.
- Image ads. This type of ad is pretty cut and dry. It consists of an image and a CTA.
- Video ads. Video ads are exactly what they sound like. The primary difference is that they allow businesses to showcase a little bit more of their brand, products, and what they’re about.
- Stories ads. Stories ads can be an image, video, or carousel. They can also be a great way to reach your target demographic, as more than 500 million IG users view the stories section every day.
- Collection ads. Do you have an online ecommerce platform? Collection ads allow you to showcase items directly from your catalog. When users click on them, they’ll be directed to a page where they can learn more about (or purchase) that product.
- Carousel ads. Carousel ads include a series of up to 10 images or videos. They can be embedded in news feeds and in the stories section
Target your desired audience
One of the biggest benefits associated with social media advertising is that you can target specific demographics. If you want to market your product to young parents aged 22-28, you can do that. Or, if you prefer to target city-dwelling professionals, that’s an option as well. You can also choose your ad type based on the audience you’re seeking—because different ads work better for different types of users.
If you have additional questions about how Instagram ads work, or how working with a digital marketing agency can help ensure you get the biggest bang out of your advertising budget, we can help. Call WBN Marketing today to speak with an online marketing expert.