20 Nov Which Social Media Platform is Best for Your Small Business?
Deciding Which Social Media Platform is Best for Your Small Business
Earlier this month, we posted blogs about the benefits of having your business listed in online review websites and the benefits of maintaining an active blog. For this post, we wanted to chat a bit about social media- and which social media platform can best promote your small business.
Ultimately, it’s all about the audience you’re trying to reach.
Who are your customers?
Before you start downloading every social media app you can find, you’ll want to ask yourself the following questions:
- What does my average customer look like?
- Are they mostly Millennials, Baby Boomers, or somewhere in between?
- What’s their average income and education level?
- What problem does your product or service solve for them?
Determine your goals
Once you know who your customers are, you’ll need to decide how you want to use your social media accounts. For example, will you mostly use it as a customer service portal, or do you want to build brand awareness and up your digital marketing game?
Defining your goals can help you decide which platform best meets your needs.
So, you’ve defined your audience and you’ve established your goals. Now- it’s time to connect with the masses. Each social media platform has different users and different demographics, so you’ll want to choose accordingly.
- Twitter is great for building brand awareness, if you understand how to use it. For example, if you take some time to search trending hashtags, you’ll be able to see what people are currently talking about. This can help you craft tweets that help you get involved in the conversation.
- LinkedIn is the largest platform for users aged 30-49. It’s great for businesses who are looking to recruit employees, network with industry professionals and generate B2B leads.
- TikTok is the hottest social medial platform for Generation Z- and more than 2/3 of its users are under the age of 30. It’s also more popular with women than men. Current data shows the platform has more than 400 million users every month. To get started with marketing on TikTok, you’ll want to create a channel, and use influencers and/or hashtags to get your posts seen. Paid advertising is also an option, but advertising on this website is in its infancy.
Hire an expert
If you’re interested in learning more about how social media can increase your brand’s awareness, grow your customer base and expand your reach, call WBN Marketing today to learn more.